2012-07-18

Unlucky noobs

Lately it have happened quite a few times that we stumbled on noobs jumping in from HS. It have usually ended pretty badly for them. Sometimes they have lost their ship and got podded before their first minute in w-space have come to an end.

Imagine a 3 week old toon that decided she wanted to try and find some gravsites to mine and since she could not find any in highsec, she was going to try w-space. Now imagine the worst of luck when the first WH she happening to jump into is our static C2, where, also by pure chance, one of our cloaky proteus just made his way back from empire. 

- guys, there is a frig sitting at the HS.
- doing what?
- nothing.

At the time I was in our home system, just one system away. Since I know it's usually really hard to kill things at highsec wormholes, I quickly jumped into my new favourite ship, a dual sensor boosted arty-trasher.  Maybe I could alpha this.

Well, Djavo got the kill before by just uncloaking the Proteus, waiting out half a century of decloak timer and then simply pointing and shooting the poor noob. 

The ship exploded as I landed, so all I could do was go for the pod. 

We ended up chatting quite a bit to Breezzy (as this particular noob most likely wants to be called). She sent us a mail telling us that apparently some mistakes was made on her part and asking for advice on how to better herself. 

That kind of mail is the opposite of the usual "what the hell did you do that for? I have done nothing to you"-tear-mails you occasionally get. 

It was a nice change. 

No comments: