2012-11-24

Interrupted plexing

I have been trying my hand at some solo C3 plexing using my new tengu. And even if our static is a C4 and I therefore often have to travel some to get to a C3, our chain more often than not opens up to a C3 somewhere.

This time I was five jumps from home, in a C3 with just a few sites. It was inhabited, but nobody was home. I had done the first site and was in the middle of the second when all of a sudden I hear a WH activation from my scout on the incoming C2.

After a few seconds a Crane appears and it's the owner of the POS. This might get interesting, what will he do when he gets back and finds me plexing his system?

Well, it did not take long before I saw a tengu, a navy raven and a manticore on scan. I assumed he either had popped some ships out, or logged on with some alts. Alts or not, he immediately warped his Tengu into the site I was doing. Since my C3 plexer is the only ship I have without a point and I really did not want to fight a totally unknown target in a PVE ship, I opted for safe. I warped out.

While this is happening, some folks are getting online back home in Picasso. I give them the sitrep and they join fleet to see if we can bait this guy to attack me again if I get back plexing.

Next time I start plexing his system, we have a Arazu (still no point on the Tengu!) cloaked on grid and a whole bunch of ships waiting in the C2.

I have only killed half of the last wave when he gets into his Tengu and warps in. I call for the fleet to jump in, and the Arazu have to overload to get a point.

I was worried it might be a monster of a Tengu, but it turns out it's only a T2 fitted plexer that he have thrown a point on. It goes into armor almost before the fleet lands. the pilot ejects and warps away as the Tengu goes pop.

We stay on grid, I fetch a salvager and clean up and then we all go back home. Another unfortunate blobbing, but a Tengu-kill is a Tengu-kill I guess.

I went looking for some plexing but found PVP, it's amazing how often that happens. We even joke about it - lets go plexing so we get into a fight!

If the Tengu-fit works? Sure does! If it keeps creating pvp opportunities I won't change a thing! :)

No comments: