Oh man, this might be a long one... You better get some coffee! It's the tale of the danger of AFK'ing while gassing, how big systems can be a chance to getting away with fun shenanigans, how to do solo kills while there are a whole enemy fleet doing nothing, the love for the blaster and the POCO bash that turned ninja.
It all started out when Tashi made his usual after work scouting trip of our "pipe". Today it was Natalie - Gloria - C2a - C5a. Natalie being our home and Gloria our static C2. The idea to name systems like this is a ancient KAIRS tradition. They are strange like that :)
In the C2a I found interesting things... A HUGE system so the WH to Glo was out of scan range from their main POSes. Living in here was a corp from the notorious Chained Reactions (known from the blockbuster "Hammerfall" staring Talocan and LOST) and another corp from an alliance called StoneGuard.
As usual I checked the corps out (using Dotlan) this time I found that CHAIN and StoneGuard together with a -A- dude, had lost tree tengus in this very system just a few days ago. OK, they are not invading each other then, good to know.
However, they are cleaning up some previous occupants mess, a POCO from another alliance was in reinforced and due to come out in 5h. Things coming out or REO almost always is a chance to get a fight. Have you spent a few hours shooting something just to get it into REO, you usually want to finish the job.
OK, mental note of REO coming out later that night.
So, what's more then? This time I had only made empty tabs of the systems in sigtracker, NOT scanning the systems out fully, only trying to quickly find the WH as discreet as possible. We had the routes but not complete list of sigs. I found the POSes (always do, I find that it's terribly conviniant to be able to quickly check what ships aren't at a POS by just warping to it) but few ships was active.
Later when I returned to the C2a to see it there was any action, I saw some traffic of what looked like gassers (ferox, canes, ittys) going to somewhere in the system and then disappearing of d-scan. At this time I had not yet pinned the C5a, so I thought this was my chance to do so with the lot of them gassing in (I assumed) the next door system.
Ok, drop probes, quickly pin the C5 and then warp strait there, jump in and....
A pulsar! I got visions of losing my Proteus to a noob in a passive drake with T1 guns... Must remember not to fight stuff in here.
The C5 had a empty russian POS and no plexes whatsoever. But more interestingly, it had a whole fleet of gassers happily sucking the riches of some cloud somewhere in the center of the system. After a bit of warping around I realized they where actually in two different sites.
Hmm, should I risk dropping combats? I decided to do something new, as I knew approximately where they where, I was to warp out of d-scan from them and then drop normal probes and quickly pin the Ladars. Scanning for their gas might be easier than scanning for them. Sisters core is also much less threathening than combats.
After I pinned the Ladars, and warped to a 100, I found that the fleet had gone (possibly they saw my probes) but in the second site a single -A- dude in a cane was sitting still, apparently AFK. Or baiting? Did they see my probes, warped back home to switch into 5 cloakies and now they where just waiting around that cane for me to decloak and try and kill him? Paranoia is the worst enemy of your bravery.
This guys was like 5 or 6 in total, no way they run and hide just for some probes? In fact, I was so sure of a bait I was not to risk the Proteus (pulsar, remember?), instead I was to get a warpin on the AFK/bait cane, go back to Natalie and get that groovy little shield 1k dps Thorax that Magger brought in the other day. Warping strait back and hoping the gasser was still there. If I trigger a trap, I would get a fight and just needed to buy a new ship for Magger.
But before I could get close enough, he warped out. Darn!
By now, Dana and Talaq had joined fleet and was heading towards the C5 in cloaky Tengus. Suited me fine, since I wanted to get info about any potential gank fleet waiting on the C5 hole in C2. But no such fleet existed. instead, two of the gassing canes returned to one of the sites and I could get a nice 200km spot for us all to warp from. Primary points was delegated and we all warped. Decloaking mid warp enables you to lock as soon as you land, bleeding of the decloak timer during warp.
The Canes went down pretty slow, but with decent shield resists as they had and the bonus to shield amount from the pulsar, we had a few HP to chew through...
http://tl-eve.com/kb/index.php/kill_detail/5866/ and
http://tl-eve.com/kb/index.php/kill_detail/5864/
Normally, you never get the Pods, but this guys was, well, not there. AFK gasses ftw! The pods stayed on grid and we could pop them too... One of the guys was the CEO of the Chained Reactions corp, and boosted a pretty nice set of implants worth half a billion.
http://tl-eve.com/kb/index.php/kill_detail/5865/ and
http://tl-eve.com/kb/index.php/kill_detail/5863/
The drop was around 40M and at least it covered the cost of ammo wasted on theese bears
We all went back home to the loving arms of Natalie and most logged for the night. But not Tashi... Oh nooo.. The POCO! The POCO was about to come out of reinforced, and while waiting for that I got some housekeeping chores done, bringing the loot to empire to sell. Paying my teammates. Getting that Capital Armor repair skills I needed. Etc..
Just when I was back in the C2 to see what kind of fleet they where brining to kill the POCO, foxxy logged on. I had wished to have at least three pilots on to go and fight the POCO fleet, but what can you do? (KAIRS was too sleepy and too far away to come and join, it was Friday after all).
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment