2012-06-20

It's not fair

Sometimes you manage to mess with somebody's operations so successfully you almost feel bad for them. Almost.

Ok, I admit it. I care for carebears. They are just trying and do their thing, right?

This time I had scouted out a C4 with two indy POS'es and a ton of expensive ships floating around: Carriers, Rorqual, Bhaalgorn (a bit strange in a Pulsar, but hey).

I figured that if I stayed I could harass this guys some. It was obvious that they rarely left their system, mostly doing their own grav and ladar-sites.

Anyhow. I log on my cloaky Proteus in their system, and since I already have scanned out all their sites I can just warp in on them doing their thing. Today they had a brand new Vital (one of the better ones) ladar site that they apparently wanted to suck on some.

I warped in at range and found a Cane sitting away from the gas. Just hanging there. I could see that he was not gassing-fit, but had some proper guns on there. Was he bait?

Then it hit me, he is just waiting for the sleepers! The site is so new they have not spawned yet.

After the sleepers spawned, I let him play with them for a while, and then I joined.

After killing the Cane, I killed the remaining sleepers and looted them. Gotta pay for the ammo somehow, right?

Next day, 5 min before downtime I found them sucking on the same very site. Half of the gas was gone, so now they worked on the second part.

Just a few minutes after I warped in, watching them, the cloud popped, and they where done. Both gassers warped out. But since they had the gas in two cans they needed to get that home to base somehow, I expected them to come back in haulers.

I warped in to one of the cans, still cloaked.

One of them came back, and by Murphys law, it was the guy from yesterday. He warped in to the first can, picked up the gas and since it was in warping-distance from the second, he initiated the short warp down to the second can, and cloaky lil me...

I decloaked in his mid-warp to let the lock-delay bleed away, and had a point on him half a second after he landed. He must have seen me all the way in warp, not able to do a thing about it.

Sometimes, Eve is just not fair.

No comments: