While chatting to foxxy, I warp to the POCO expecting to see some kind of bashing fleet assembling on it to finish the 5M of HP that it got left in armor and structure.
Well, there is someone shooting it.. Sort of.. A Daredevil !? Not exactly my first choice, but what do I know? Anyhow, since I'm there scouting in a Raiper with Ashi, I offer foxxy to come and kill the pesky frig. With my webs and some quick pointing I figured we could catch it if she warped strait to the POCO... While we talk about what to bring they start warping in some more conventional bashers to the site. A Raven, Drake and a Domi. I try and talk foxxy into going balls out in pure dps and see how many we could kill..
The idea would be foxxy in a Oracle from range and me pointing close up in a blaster Dominix. That would be close to 2k dps and fun as hell as long as it lasted.... Being her usual girlish hesitant self (I know, I know, you don't do pvp foxxy, just messing with ya!) by the time she found her way into the airlock of the Oracle, Chained Reactions had added a Tempest to the bash... Well, two against five might be a bit too much of a suicide for me to get a refund on the corp ships.. And foxxy needs to go to bed anyhow. Well, well..
After foxxy logged, I linger with Ashi keeping eyes on the fleet. Then suddenly, they all warp off! What the..? Everybody except the daredevil and the drake warps back to their POS, apparently going into deep hibernation, no ship-switches, no probes on scan, no orbiting, nothing, no activity.
The Drake is happily bashing away though.. What about I just warp that Domi in and go at it? See what they do? Hell, why not? It's only a BS. Said and done, I keep eyes on the POS with Ashi and do the 3 warps from Natalie to the POCO in the C2 with Tashi in a blaster Domi.
Since I assume that as soon as I land the daredevil will point me and the whole fleet will be warping back (can only hope they trickle in, and don't land at the same time) I point the Drake and pop warriors to give the daredevil something to think about.
Maybe the drones will drive him off, or even kill him.
Here we go! Point on the drake! If you warp to zero on a POCO you might bounce off a bit, and for a while i fear that my clumsy Domi will bounce out of range from the Drake, but it stopps at 10km. I approach and let the blasters rip. yihaaa! Take that, stupid drake.
But what do the daredevil do? It warps out!! Leaving its buddy drake to the mercy of my Neutron blasters. What a douchebag. hey, come back here! Your friend is having some shield-problems!
With the devil gone, I switch to Ogres and put everything on the Drake. It turns out its a full mindslot, passive tanked T2 fit... Don't matter, it goes down in a matter of 15-20 seconds. Pop!
http://tl-eve.com/kb/index.php/kill_detail/5895/
Convinced there are a fleet scrambling or even in warp by now, I get my drones back and head back to Natalie.
Switching to Ashi to check what's happening at the POS I see what they are up to. And that's... Absolutely nothing! Still no reaction. Ok. But, but.. You guys was bashing a POCO just 10 min ago, and now I just killed a Drake. What's up?
Ah... They obviously think that was just the first ship in our gank-fleet, and when we only managed to get one kill we opted not to warp the rest of the fleet in...
Hmmm, I wonder if I can play on that? Let's say I warp the Domi back and start bashing the POCO? Wouldn't that look like bait? Would they dare to come and kill me? I was pretty sure they had not found the 15 man strong LOST fleet yet, simply because there was none
This could be fun! I place Ashi on grid with the POS whe they all where hanging and headed back with Tashi. Warp to the POCO, lock it up (half armor), and start bashing away.
Time passes. No reaction. More time passes, still no reaction. Ok, so they don't dare to attack a lone Domi because it's obviously a trap, but should you not pop probes, get into bombers, cloaky T3s, frigs that can GTFO? Anything? Nope. While POS is still watching the rerun of the Eurovision Song Contest (Sweden rules!)
Wth! Don't tell me I have to finish this POCO for you? I don't have ammo for that! And where do I send the invoice? I'm starting to think the bad rep Chained reactions have, is actually deserved.
Well, nothing happens and I actually do trip back to Natalie to stock up on ammo. Void this time, enough wasting faction ammo on structures! 40 minutes after I warped in the first time, the POCO is no more.
http://tl-eve.com/kb/index.php/kill_detail/5900/
I shake my head and head for home. Then, all of a sudden a Hound pops up on scan, it's Jasmintar, the CEO, and one of the victims from the gassing accident a few hours ago. He is back from empire with a new clone (hehe) to check out what's happening with that POCO they where supposed to kill..
Nothing of interest happens after this, they find (?) the WH to Gloria, and start to close it with BS. I have both Ashi and Tashi out in Gloria by now. I'm trying to come up with a plan where I can kill one of them. They crit the WH and I warp Tashi to the WH. They now have two BS and broadsword (to close a crit WH).
I'm jumping back in through the crit WH with Ashi to have probes in their system if I was to have a chance to close the WH on them, trapping one of the closing BS out in Gloria leaving Tashi on the inside point blank range with the other closer and Jasmintar in a broadsword. BS + HIC vs. Superdominix. I take that anytime :)
Sadly they don't jump anything out, instead both of the BS warp off the WH and soon after the broadsword decloak on the inside and warp off too. All three log within a minute, leaving a crit WH and a surprised r-natter.
Ok, I guess that's it for tonight.
I head home to a goodnights sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment