2012-08-06

More Trasher fun

Sometimes, jumping through WHs is your only defensive move. Playing peeka-boo is fun, especially in small ships.

The Trasher is my new favorite ship for solo roaming of our static (C2) and it's neighbors (often more C2s or C3 - C4s).

Granted, so far I've only been able to kill inexperienced pilots in it, like this fellow "all-in-one" Trasher. But it's one of the ships that actually have a chance of killing a frig on a HS wormhole...

The other night I had someone shoot back. It's unusual, because normally anything that is quick enough to get a lock on me is also small enough to be instapopped or forced to jump. I will most likely meet my maker the day someone brings a AF that I don't see coming :)

Anyway, I had seen some hauler traffic trough our static C2 before, and cross-jumped a Prowler in a Tengu when it was on it's way out to empire, so I decided I would see what my lill Trasher could do against a cloaky transport, assuming it would return.

After reshipping and placing myself on the far side of the WH I though they came from, I activated both sensor-boosters and waited. If a cloaky jumps through, and appears less than cloak-distance from the WH there will be no recloaked, and I can get a lock on it. It then needs to jump back, putting it on a timer and giving me a second chance to lock it up if I follow.

There's a lot if "if" here, and to be honest, I would probably put my money on the cloaky ship. But it's a fun game every time that WH flares.

This time the Prowler from before appeared, and he either was slow on the recloak, or he was to close to the WH because I had him locked and shields stripped in less than a second. Using artillery, the alpha is great, dps not so much... Since I had a point on him, he only stayed for two more wollys, then decided to jump back, and I followed.

[21:38:33] (combat) Your group of 280mm Howitzer Artillery II is well aimed at Plethura Zom [KRIAS](Prowler), inflicting 813,9 damage.
[21:38:34] (notify) You have started trying to warp scramble Plethura Zom [KRIAS](Prowler).
[21:38:37] (notify) Approaching ∋∈ 3PZ0 Red Me'Haul
[21:38:40] (combat) Your group of 280mm Howitzer Artillery II hits Plethura Zom [KRIAS](Prowler), doing 664,9 damage.
[21:38:47] (combat) Your group of 280mm Howitzer Artillery II hits Plethura Zom [KRIAS](Prowler), doing 616,1 damage.

On the other side, I ran through my usual steps to setup for a quick lock; decloack, approach the WH, activate sensor-boosters, activate guns and point, wait for opponent to decloak.

Well, something decloaked, but it was not the Prowler. Instead I found myself shooting at a Falcon! Ah darn it, now I'm just going to get jammed and miss the Prowler kill.

[21:39:07] (notify) Please wait...
[21:39:35] (combat) Your group of 280mm Howitzer Artillery II is well aimed at Celius prime [KRIAS](Falcon), inflicting 779,1 damage.
[21:39:36] (notify) You have started trying to warp scramble Celius prime [KRIAS](Falcon).
[21:39:42] (combat) Your group of 280mm Howitzer Artillery II hits Celius prime [KRIAS](Falcon), doing 662,1 damage.

While waiting for the Falcon to lock me up and shut me down with a jam, something else decloaked. A Manticore! Now I really started to curse myself for putting everything on the Falcon. A bomber is the exact kind of thing you want to see close up when flying a Thrasher! It's the perfect target...

I tried to get the point and the guns over to the Manticore, but by then the Falcon got a lock (finally!) and I was jammed. Double-darn it. That manticore would have been dead if I had not wasted gun-cycles on the Falcon.

Well, since the Manticore started to do dmg, I decided to bail. but oh no! Since I had been through this WH before I actually was on a timer! Almost a full minute to go, scrammed by the bomber and jammed by the Falcon, this is not going well..

[21:39:50] (notify) Warp Disruptor II deactivates because its target, Blue PBJ, is not locked.

[21:39:52] (combat) Caldari Navy Scourge Torpedo belonging to Eronious hits you, doing 280,3 damage.

[21:39:55] (info) A recent transit through this wormhole has polarized your secondary coils, making it unsafe to re-enter right now. The polarity charge should dissipate within 53 seconds.

[21:40:01] (combat) Caldari Navy Scourge Torpedo belonging to Eronious hits you, doing 360,8 damage.

[21:40:06] (notify) Eronious [KRIAS](Manticore) has started trying to warp scramble you!

[21:40:12] (combat) Caldari Navy Scourge Torpedo belonging to Eronious hits you, doing 192,7 damage.
[21:40:23] (combat) Caldari Navy Scourge Torpedo belonging to Eronious hits you, doing 399,1 damage.
[21:40:33] (combat) Caldari Navy Scourge Torpedo belonging to Eronious hits you, doing 236,0 damage.
[21:40:41] (combat) Caldari Navy Scourge Torpedo belonging to Eronious hits you, doing 231,5 damage.
[21:40:49] (combat) Caldari Navy Scourge Torpedo belonging to Eronious hits you, doing 501,4 damage.

Desperately I tried to get some speed (which is not easy without any kind of prop-mod) to mitigate parts of the incoming dmg from the bomber. He was not doing terribly amounts of dmg, but I was going to be stuck for a minute, and in a ship totally without any kind of tank.

When I hit half structure and another wolly most likely would have killed me, the timer was out and I could jump and get away.

Phew, close call. A T1 destroyer vs. two T2 ships, a total of over 2000 dmg done to different ships, and nothing ending up on the killboards...




No comments: