2012-09-08

R-NAT stealing a carrier

Sometimes you are grateful you scanned down that last system before calling it a night. You never know what you going to find.

This time I scanned down a static C4, jumping in, doing the normal d-scan, seeing a POS and some ships on scan, warping to the planet it's at, finding the moon, warping there to have a look - you know, the usual thing all of us w-space prowlers do.

It was a large Amarr tower, some gas processes anchored, two Legions and a Orca floating unpiloted between the three SMAs and the CHA. Two large bubbles anchored.

Nothing special. Nothing you have not seen before. With one exception. There was no forcefield. I did a dubble-take. No forcefield? With ships floating! That meant that the tower most likely had run out of fuel and that we was free to grab whatever we could.

This was the start of a mad dash to get all the goodies back home, some 4 jumps away. I gave my four online friends the sit rep, and we started to warp pods to the tower to grab what we could.

The SMAs and the CHA was popped and a bunch of ships and stuff popped out. Their floating Orca made it easy to get the stuff in the CHA out. I packed it as full with goodies I could and started to warp it back home. In it's belly I had found a Tengu.

The ships in the SMAs was mostly WH closing Dominixes and some Amarr BCs (Oracle, Harby, Prophecy) so 90% of the value was in four ships; Orca, 2 Legions and a Tengu. The T3s was T2 rigged and faction-fitted. Nice. All the ships and loot are yet to be sold, but we think the total value should be over 5 billion.

And then there is the carrier...

Together with all the Amarr loveliness that popped out when the SMAs went boom, a unfitted, Caldari carrier gracefully floated.

Now, what should we do with a capital that not even fitted, stuck in a system we don't want? Self-destructing capitals is just so wrong, even if it's not even our in the first place.

WTS C4/Chimera maybe?

I will try and figure something out.


2 comments:

pjharvey said...

That's a beautiful find. It really is quite a feeling to come across a fully stocked tower without a force field. It is what dreams are made of.

Or nightmares. It depends which end you are on.

Ashimat said...

We try to be at the right end, but usually end up on the wrong one.

That's how we roll, unfortunately :)