We are currently moving our home. Or more precise, we are in the process of finding a new home, we don't yet have a specific destination, only a specification of what kind of system we are looking for. To do this, we have setup a temporary base in a system with a static C5, because that's the class we are looking for. This is why I found myself in a C5 with no less than 8 Ladars and gravs when I logged on this morning.
No wormholer with dignity can live in such a messy system, so my corpmates had already pinned them and initiated them the night before. By now, they had all spawned sleepers, so instead of scanning, which I probably should do, I set out to kill and salvage the Ladars/gravs we had.
When we get serious with pvp, we have the option of using our RR-tengus. With few numbers, they make a pretty nice little fleet. Since my alt can't fly Tengus he is usually flying a Vulture. That's all good and well, but sometimes you want more gank instead of more tank.
I recently put together a shield Vigilant for times like this. I'm sure Bob kills a hole bucket of kittens each time someone does this to a ship that so obviously should be armor, but I don't care. 900dps + 84% web is fun stuff! Besides, those tengus need to rep someone, right? ;)
I tried this Vigilant out on the small sleeper-spawns that we had in the Ladars, and god damn, it was actually fun! Insta-popping frigs and killing cruisers with three volleys. The biggest problem was the cycle time on the web!
The worst site was a Vast Frontier Resevoir, with 8 cruisers, 4 of them web... Not the ultimate for a short range blaster like my little cruiser. And no tank to speak of either... I ended up having to warp out three times, but in the end I was the last man standing!
Highly recommended!
No comments:
Post a Comment