2012-10-09

Another day in the WH

Lets see what I have done today. I do believe I've been a real busy bee!

I logged on and was directly called to arms because our scouts waited for a Tengu in our chain to probe down a specific WH and jump through, so we could kill it. "something with a quick lock" was required so I spent 20 min at said WH in a Sabre.

No Tengu though. It most likely found the highsec instead and thought that was more interesting. Can't blame him, I opted to use the very same HS 10 min later when I had to go to empire to buy some rigs for one of our tengus. One jump to Amarr is just to good to be wasted.

When I came back and had fixed the Tengu up, I anchored two more SMAs at our POS. Until we get some more towers up in here we needed a place to stuff some ships that been floating around.

By now our scouts had solved the mystery with the disappearing Tengu and had a new theory; the Tengu was in fact a scout for some nullsecers taking some ships home via w-space. This day they had only 5 jumps to Ammar - great use of w-space!

We had several drakes, a and sacrelige on scan, so we fleeted up in Tengus hoping we could catch some of them. Or get a fight. Maybe. Earlier we had jumped the gun a little bit and showed our hand. This time we where to slow jumping a WH and failed to get a bubble on the HS before a whole slew of pods and haulers landed and jumped to safety.

At least we got one of the drakes.

I had not been back in our POS for long before alliance chat started to blink and another target of opportunity showed up. This time in the form of "a small, non-stronted POS in 50% shields 5j from Amarr" wait a minute! Was not our static super-close to Amarr? Sure was, so without thinking to much about what ship to bring, I switched fleet and com-channel and started to head for the target system.

While getting there I get the sitrep. Apparently Clann Fian had found a totally undefended small POS that was in reinforced and only had a few hours left. They had left a scout in system and now, a few hours since the POS had become vulnerable again, they could offer a route in.

The actual POS-kill goes quick and was uneventful. That is, until there only was a sliver of structure left and the tower was on the verge of popping. Then, with what must be the worst timing ever, a Tengu logs in. He lands in the POS just seconds before the tower explodes and the shields drop.

He gets locked up, pointed and more or less alphaed by our Oracles. Turns out he was totally unfitted. Figure that.

1 comment:

pjharvey said...

That's one unlucky time to log-in to the tower. Do you think he squealed a little?